Sunday, March 16, 2008

Two Steps

I swear it's two steps forward, three steps back with The Boy. I've spoken to friends who've been down this road of Pre-Teen/Almost-Teen. They all said it was worst, but seemed to get better when they got into High School. I'm worried that he may not last that long as I can forsee his untimely demise! Yesterday he and Mr. N spent some "quality" time together, and then today we all went to the movies. The Boy and Mr N saw some sort of PG-13 fighting movie (I can't remember the name) and JT and I went and saw the Spiderwich Chonicals (highly recommended if only for the special effects). All was well until The Boy decided that since I wouldn't kick down $10 for yet ANOTHER hat, he was going to say something mean. When I said that what he had told me hurt my feelings and if it made him feel better to do that? He said "yes." Ouch. I guess this is just the first of many. But it still sucks. If you had told me even a year ago that my sweet boy would be acting like this I would have laughed out loud! Surely not MY BOY! But here he is. Rude and ugly when you least expect it. He continued like this for the rest of the afternoon. I'm sick of the rest of us walking on eggshells wondering what will set him off. I just don't know what to do. I know that there are huge changes in his life, but I thought I raised him better than to be so....ugly. Wake me when he's 20, would ya? Oh wait...just about then is when JT will going through the EXACT SAME THING!!! Wonderful. Something to look forward to!!!
Good thing that Mr. N is so wonderful and has such a calming charm over me. Or I would maybe just be drunk all the time!
What? I'm kidding!!!
:)

No comments: